Activity Based Costing Assignment & Homework Help Online
Are you struggling with activity based costing assignments? Do you need activity based costing assignment help? activity based costing homework help?
Our team of Accounting experts equipped with PhDs and Masters can help on a wide range of Accounting assignment topics.
Activity-based costing (ABC) is a cost accounting methodology that assigns indirect costs (such as overhead) to products, services, or projects based on the activities that are required to produce them. In contrast to traditional cost accounting, which uses a single overhead rate to allocate indirect costs to products, ABC recognizes that different products or projects may require different levels of support and resources.
ABC involves identifying the specific activities that are required to produce a product or provide a service, and then assigning the costs of those activities to the product or service based on its consumption of those activities. This provides a more accurate picture of the true cost of producing a product or service, as it takes into account the different costs associated with different activities. ABC can be useful for decision-making, as it helps managers to identify the most and least profitable products, services, and projects, and to allocate resources more effectively.
Activity Based Costing recognizes that any special engineering, special testing, machine setups and others activities that are the root causes of costs. They cause the company to consume resources. Under ABC, the company will calculate the cost of the resources used in each of these activities. Next, the cost of each of these activities will be assigned only to the products that demanded the activities.
The significance of Activity Based Costing has grown in the recent years due to the fact that if some products in the company consume special resources and if some do not, then it is a highly possible that the cost of the resources will be put under the products which are not consuming those special resources, thereby increasing the cost of production.
With the implementation of ABC, the management gains a thorough understanding of its business processes and cost behavior during the ABC analysis process. The management applies the insights gained during ABC fact gathering and analysis to improve decision making at both operating and strategic levels. The ABC implementation and analysis helps in the identification of services which do not add any value to the product. These wasteful activities can be identified easily there by reducing irrelevant costs in the manufacture.
How Activity Based Costing Works?
Activity-based costing (ABC) works by identifying and assigning costs to specific activities that are required to produce a product or provide a service. The following steps describe the basic process of how ABC works:
Identify activities: The first step is to identify the activities that are required to produce a product or provide a service. This may include activities such as ordering raw materials, setting up machinery, inspecting products, and packaging products for shipment.
Determine activity costs: Next, the costs of each activity must be determined. This includes both direct costs (such as raw materials) and indirect costs (such as overhead).
Assign costs to products or services: Once the activities and their costs have been identified and determined, the next step is to assign the costs of the activities to the products or services that consume them. This is done by calculating an activity cost rate for each activity, which is then used to allocate the cost of the activity to the product or service based on its consumption of that activity.
Monitor and improve: The final step is to monitor the results of the ABC analysis and make improvements where necessary. This may involve adjusting the cost of activities, changing the way costs are assigned, or revising the way products are produced.
By using ABC, a company can gain a better understanding of the costs of producing its products or services, which can help it to improve efficiency, reduce costs, and make more informed decisions about pricing, production, and resource allocation.
Requirements for Activity Based Costing
Activity-based costing (ABC) requires the following:
Detailed information on the company’s activities and their costs: This includes a comprehensive list of all the activities that are required to produce a product or provide a service, as well as the costs of those activities, including both direct and indirect costs.
Accurate cost data: ABC requires accurate cost data in order to be effective. This includes accurate data on both direct and indirect costs, as well as on the resources that are consumed by each activity.
Identification of cost drivers: ABC requires the identification of cost drivers, which are the factors that determine the cost of each activity. Cost drivers may include the number of times an activity is performed, the resources consumed by the activity, or the length of time it takes to perform the activity.
Robust data collection and analysis tools: ABC requires robust data collection and analysis tools, such as spreadsheets or specialized software, in order to gather and process the data needed to perform the analysis.
Trained personnel: ABC requires personnel who are trained in the methodology, and who understand how to gather, analyze, and interpret the data required for the analysis.
By meeting these requirements, a company can implement ABC effectively, and use the information it provides to make informed decisions about pricing, production, and resource allocation.
Level of Activity Involved in the Cost-Based Accounting System:
You can better comprehend the many levels of activities in which the business must engage while implementing the activity-based costing system with the assistance of our specialists. Here are the level of Activity-Based Accounting Assignment Help:
- Batch-Level Activity: Batch-Level Activity determines the price of tasks associated to a group or batch, such as a purchase order, a quality check, a machine setup, etc.
- Unit-Level Activity: Unit-Level Activity determines the cost of all direct activities such as direct labour, direct material, and machine maintenance, among others.
- Product-Line Activity: Product-Line Activity estimates the cost of engineering modifications made to an assembly line, product design, and line-wide warehousing and storage.
- Facility-Support Activity: Facility-Support Activity are the costs associated with administrative tasks such property taxes, insurance, plan security, building depreciation, maintenance expenses, etc.
Advantages of Activity-Based Accounting System
According to our experts, using an activity-based costing approach allows businesses to offer personalized goods and services. A custom production environment necessitates cost allocation of genuine indirect costs and identification of the true cost of the product, according to our Activity-Based Accounting Assignment Help. Some benefits of activity-based accounting are:
- As it concentrates on all the cause-and-effect relationships between the cost and production-related activities, this approach determines the product’s cost more precisely.
- If the multi-product selling price is accurate and fair under the activity-based costing system, it is determined by the activity-based system. The overheads are assigned in accordance with the pertinent cost drivers, which is the primary cause of this.
- Monitoring the activities makes it easier to identify the fixed and variable activities that make up overhead costs.
- In order to decide whether items will be profitable, an activity-based costing system gives all the information required.
- Correct overhead allocation takes up a sizeable amount of the whole cost.
Design and Implementation of Activity Based Accounting System
You should be informed properly on the activity-based system when working with it, including how it develops and how the business operates. When you contact our experts for Activity-Based Accounting Assignment Help , they will walk you through the procedures for putting the system into practice that are listed below.
- Control the prices of all goods and items.
- The direct cost of services, such as direct labour, direct materials, and direct expenses, should be determined.
- Using the use of overheads, calculate the final cost of allocation.
- Calculate the overhead costs associated with specific areas.
- Create a rate per unit.
- Determine the allocation of product’s overhead costs.
- Determine the products’ total cost.
Areas of Implementation
Our experts inform you of the implementation areas
- Elevated overhead.
- Various products or a variety of products.
- Option for customer selection
- Several services.
- Strong competition
Why Choose HwA for Cost Based Accounting Homework Writing Service?
Sometimes numbers might confuse you and considering the stress you undergo at your graduate and post-graduate schools, you feel like seeking some assistance. Costing Assignment problems can be lit tricky sometimes. For instances, ratio analysis or cash flow analysis need detailed observation and a student if you feel clueless, there is no reason to feel helpless also. We here offer you quality assistance with your Costing Assignment homework answers and our accounting tutors will render their assistance to help you with your accounting assignment solutions.
Accounting assignment help caters to the areas you need help with, rather than just doing the accounting assignment on your behalf. With an extensive experience of helping several thousand students, with their accounting homework, across globe, the expertise of our accounting tutors spans domains like ratio-analysis, cash-flow statement, break-even analysis, trial balance, balance sheets and other costing assignment problems.
The perfect solution: Accounting, as a subject, often deals with the correct answer and our accounting tutors boasts the ability of providing you with the same. Flawless and accurate answers are what you will get here and our team of accounting homework helpers will make sure that you get that all desired A-grades in all your accounting homework answers.
Free of Plagiarism: We use advanced plagiarism detecting software to evaluate the originality of the costing homework answers before submitting to you. You can be assured of the fact that, no one, is or ever will, or had before, submitted the copy that you are going to submit.
PhD Experts: All the experts at HelpwithAssignment are highly qualified and hold doctorate degrees from reputed universities around the world. Their extensive knowledge on the subject comes in handy while writing accounting assignment papers.
On-time Delivery: Put your minds at ease when you subscribe to our accounting assignment help services. We follow strict timeline and complete assignment before the given date. We provide enough time to proofread and make necessary changes to the final paper.
Pocket-Friendly: As a student, you are on a strict budget. At HelpWithAssignment we understand this and that is why we have kept our prices on the lower side – be it for a single accounting assignment help or a package for the entire semester.
Easy Tracking of Your Assignments: Put your minds at ease once you request for a accounting assignment help by easily keeping track of your work. Use our tracking tool facility to know the status of your accounting homework answers and the estimated time of delivery.
Who Works on Your Costing Homework Help?
- Currently working as one of the senior accountants at a reputed accounting and costing firm in California, our head accounting tutor is equipped with a Ph.D. in Cost-Benefit Analysis and had been associated with PwC in the past.
- Having been a guest lecturer at London School of Economics and Political Science, she runs her own chartered accountant firm in Glasgow, Scotland. Her expertise in the field has enabled hundreds of students to complete their financial accounting courses with top grades.
- Currently pursuing his second Ph.D. in financial management, the accounting tutor had been associated with a big name like JPMorgan Chase. HelpWithAssignment boasts his inclusion in the team of accounting tutors online from July 2016. His impeccable ability of ratio-analysis has already helped over 300 students to get “A” grades in their accounting homework answers, in such a short period.
- After completing her Masters from the London Business School, in financial management, she started supporting HelpWithAssignment.com with accounting assignment solution. She carries in-depth knowledge of the cash flow statements, ratio analysis and also balance sheet evaluation.
Testimonials from Some Who Used Our Costing Homework Service
“The accounting tutors here can surely make the numbers talk. In my freshmen year, I was unable to understand what to put under assets and what under liabilities. It was back then I took their help and also helped me understand why “capital investment” is a liability to the business. I am doing my Masters now and still take their help”. -Michael Watson
“The most fascinating thing is how they actually respond to quick demand. It was a classic mistake! The actual deadline of my ratio analysis assignment was on 16th and I mentioned to them that it is 26th. Just when I had pinged them on 14th, they instantly delivered me the accounting homework by 15th evening. I was so relieved and thrilled to get A in the same”. -John Stamford
“I always trust HelpWithAssignment as they have always provided the required support and assistance. By assistance, I mean, they do not disappear after providing one accounting homework help but stay in touch for clarifying minor doubts and as a student I find it to be a very lucrative deal”. -Delilah Cook
Want to know how to proceed?
Fill up the assignment help request form on the right or drop us an email at email@example.com. Feel free to contact our customer support on the company 24/7 Live chat or call us on 312-224-1615.
HelpWithAssignment provides timely help at affordable charges with detailed answers to your assignments, homework , research paper writing, research critique, case studies or term papers so that you get to understand your assignments better apart from having the answers. The team has helped a number of students pursuing education through regular and online universities, institutes or online Programs.