25 Thesis Statement Examples That Will Make Writing Easy
A Thesis is putting forward a theory or a statement. It is a proposition which a person advances and offers to maintain through the argument. This is the general meaning of the word thesis.
But, academically, thesis is a statement stating the specific idea or opinion one address in a paper or an essay, and is usually located in the first paragraph of the essay. It gives focus to your writing, answers questions your paper may evoke, and reflects your clear analysis of a subject. The elements your readers require.
The role of thesis statement is to support the research of one, consequently it develops after the research has been conducted and not before. Writing a thesis before the research is conducted weakens the thesis and the paper’s foundations.
Now, the big question is whether every thesis in question is true or not. No, every thesis is not true. As we’ve already discussed in the beginning of the essay, a thesis is just an idea which is being put forward. The opinions and the perception of the researcher are very much infused in the thesis. This infusion is diffused if the research is conducted on an impartial basis and not by jumping to conclusions.
Thesis statements are classified as poor, working and strong. A poor thesis is a vague, difficult to prove idea, which is not supported by a substantial amount of evidence. While a working thesis is that thesis, whose idea is being tested for accuracy. Once if the idea or the thesis is proved, then the theory is accepted.
For ex: If the question is ‘Compare and contrast the reasons why the North and South fought the Civil War’.
If your answer is:
The North and South fought the Civil War for many reasons, some of which were the same and some different.
In the above statement the additional information regarding the subject is missing. Here, the reasons for the war between the North and South are missing and this makes it a vague statement and is not acceptable. Instead if the student writes it as
While both sides fought the Civil War over the issue of slavery, the North fought for moral reasons while the South fought to preserve its own institutions.
Now, here the statement is more clear, concise, understandable and makes it interesting for the reader to read the research paper.
And finally, a strong thesis is the one which is already proved. This thesis is the one which attracts the attention of the readers. The paper shows the researcher’s knowledge and brings to light a theory which Is supported by research and backed up a textual evidence.
Therefore, a strong thesis statement requires a command of one’s collected research or
notes before crafting a thesis statement.
Examples of Research Paper Thesis Statement
- Consumers should refrain from purchasing goods from companies or nations that encourage child labour. Child labour is illegal, and it has long-term consequences.
- Human life is valuable. As a result, we must sacrifice if drug research on animals will lead to a cure for a terminal condition and a healthier future.
- Atheists adhere to their own set of rules and social standards, which may differ from mainstream society. However, this does not make them any less good than theists or others.
- A college education allows us to expand our knowledge and develop our talents. Though there are examples of successful college dropouts, this is a stage that everyone should go through.
- We must exercise caution when utilising social media and disclosing personal information on the internet. Without our approval, the information we share could be passed on to a third party and misused.
- With free and limitless internet data access, parents must watch what their children are doing on the computer. As a result, they might end up on dangerous websites, which could have negative consequences.
- Encouraging children to achieve good achievements and rewarding them is a fantastic way of exposing them to the real world. Moreover, it will teach children to get a reward if they work hard and produce quality work.
- Despite the existence of a DVD, there is a good likelihood that it was a fluke. More significantly, if it were accurate, we would have succeeded in repeating the process.
- Advertising regulations should be stricter. Frequently, promoted products do not live up to consumer expectations and do not perform as promised.
- Rather than spending billions on Mars colony ideas, the government should support and assist Africans. The funds should alleviate famine and starvation in the affected areas.
- Instead of celebrities, huge incomes should be paid to doctors and other medical experts. They save lives, improve our quality of life, and put in years of training and study to do so.
- For many youngsters, home-schooling can be a successful and superior educational alternative. It assists the children in focusing on their unique abilities and strengths and working to develop them.
- Studying abroad is the most enriching experience of a person’s life. They will get the opportunity to learn about a different country, culture, and language, which will enhance their overall experience.
- Euthanasia should be seen as a legal option for people who wish to end their lives. There are numerous reasons to end one’s life, and everyone should have the same right to do so.
- Fashion has come a long way in promoting different body shapes and models. It must, however, continue to endeavour to promote a positive picture of the female body and structure.
- According to research, raising cigarette prices and taxes does not deter consumers from purchasing cigarettes. Instead, kids should be educated about its detrimental consequences, especially in less wealthy societies.
- University athletes should be compensated for their contributions to the university. However, as a rule, many student-athletes hail from low-income families and have received financial aid. Therefore, they must develop alternative compensation plans to make their lives easier.
- Many feminist writers have expressed their concerns about the challenges that women confront. However, it only refers to privileged ladies. There is a scarcity of statistics on the working conditions of low-skilled and low-paid women.
- Adopting a vegan diet can help you live a healthier lifestyle. But, on the other hand, restricted food options would limit your cultural and culinary experiences while going to other regions of the world.
- The medical and legal boards should promote and authorise assisted suicide. The procedure would be especially beneficial to permanently paralysed patients and unable to rehabilitate.
- Aerobics should be a part of every American’s daily routine because it helps control body weight and blood pressure.
- The most successful treatment technique for methamphetamine addiction is a combination of pharmaceutical and cognitive therapy.
- Ecologists must educate the American public on recycling practices using local and national green agencies. Establishing a common communication programme is critical.
- The federal immigration enforcement statute needs to be updated because it places undue restrictions on local and state law enforcement.
- People serving life sentences should have access to rehabilitation programmes, reducing jail violence.
HelpwithAssignment offers the best essay help for students at affordable prices. To avail essay help, logon to our website www.helpwithassignment.com and fill the form on the right side or mail us your essay writing requirement to firstname.lastname@example.org.