How to Write A Literary Analysis Essay?HelpWith Assignment
A literary analysis essay is different from other essays. Students are assigned analytical essay writing work in order to enhance reading, understanding, and analytical skills. Once you are familiar with the skill of writing a literary analysis essay, you will understand how to write a text with intense meaning and analyze other’s work judiciously.
What is a Literary Analysis Essay?
A literary analysis essay consists of an argumentative analysis of a literary work. The writer is required to analyze the drama, novels, fiction, or non-fiction work like analysis of character, event, place, tone, writing style, etc. These essays widen the questioning ability of students by making them ask questions such as Why the writer has used a certain style while writing the novel? What is the purpose of using such symbols in the novel?
Literary Analysis Essay Outline
All the essays follow a similar pattern. They have an introduction, a body of the essay, and a conclusion. But the structure of the information differs from one essay to another. Let’s take a look at the outline and how to put information in it.
First, include the full name of the author and then mention the title of which you are doing the analysis. Second, work on your thesis statement. It needs to be in the introduction part and should deliver the whole idea of the essay.
Body of the essay
Every paragraph of the literary analysis essay should start with an argument relatable to your thesis statement and should contain the same point of view. Explain everything in detail and don’t just simply write the narrative technique. Rather try to explain in your words and with your understanding. End the paragraphs with a hook statement that explains your point of view in a better way.
Write the conclusion by restating the thesis statement. Instead of writing the thesis statement word by word again, just explain it. After that, write the ideas and concepts which have used in the essay. Finally, explain your viewpoint again in a convincing manner and end your essay.
Types of Literary analysis essay
Close reading analysis: It is a specific piece of literary work and paying complete attention to every minute detail.
Theoretical analysis: Here the writer has to use various literary theories while analyzing the literary work.
Comparative analysis: This type of analysis includes a comparison between the two literary texts.
Historical analysis: The essayist works upon the historical background of the literature or contemporary society.
Examples of Literary analysis essay topics:
- Literary devices used in the Night by Elie Wiesel
- The portrayal of the escape theme in Into The Wild by Jon Krakauer
- The Color Purple by Alice Walker
- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
- Shed light on the theme of chaos in Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
- Lord of the Flies by William Golding
- The power of love in The Princess Bride by William Goldman
- The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
- The portrayal of fate in Romeo and Juliet
- The portrayal of love in Romeo and Juliet
- Concept of mortality in Shakespeare’s play Hamlet
- Misogyny in Hamlet
- Witchcraft in Shakespeare’s play Macbeth
- King Lear by William Shakespeare
- The Republic by Plato
- Social injustice in Oliver Twist
- Ethnicity in Burmese Days by Orwell
- Torture and injustice in Night by Elie Wiesel
- Vanity Fair – the culture of the 19th century according to Thackeray
- The portrayal of the civil western society in Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad
Get Help with Your Literary Analysis Essay from HelpWithAssignment.com
Fill up the assignment help request form on the right or drop us a mail at email@example.com. Feel free to contact our customer support on the company 24/7 Live Chat or call us on 312-224-1615.