“Ever since plants first moved onto land about 475 million years ago, they have been adapting to the problems of terrestrial life, particularly the problem of dehydration” (Reece et al., 2011). C4 plants and CAM plants have specific adaptations associated with carrying out photosynthesis that allow them to live in dry, arid environments. You will be given the name of a xerophyte plant to write your report on. Include the following information in your report:
1. Correctly classify your plant using family, genus and species (where possible) names.
2. Define the term xerophyte.
3. Describe the specific natural environment your plant lives in.
4. Identify whether your plant is a C4 or CAM plant. Explain the difference between C4 and CAM plants in relation to the adaptations they have for carrying out photosynthesis that allow them to live in dry, arid environments.
5. Discuss other adaptations your plant has that allow it to live in dry, arid environments. Clearly outline the benefits each adaptation gives the plant.
Reece, J.B., Urry, L.A., Cain, M.L., Wasserman, S.A., Minorsky, P.V. & Jackson, R.B. (2011). Campbell Biology (9th ed.). San Francisco, CA: Pearson Education.
The question belongs to Biology and it discusses about writing an essay on how plants stay hydrated and the explanation behind the phenomenon.
Total Word Count 675Download Full Solution
If you are here for the first time, you can request for a discount coupon, which can knock off upto 20% of the quoted price on any service.