Write a report about your goal setting and monitoring while motivating yourself for a particular task that you’ve undertaken, covering the questions below.
Goal-Setting and Monitoring
• What behavior did you try to change? What was your precise goal (For example, to increase/decrease the frequency and or duration)
• What are the benefits that you perceived to changing your behavior? In other words, why did you want to change your behavior?
• How did you keep track of (record) your daily progress? Very briefly describe the type of tally sheet (or recording device) that you used.
• Referring to your lesson material, where do you think your goal would fall on Maslow's hierarchy of needs and why? What types of counter-motives made it difficult for you to accomplish your goal (example; hunger, pleasure, etc.) Where would these counter-motives fall on Maslow's hierarchy?
• Did you feel more intrinsically or extrinsically motivated to change this behavior and why?
• Do you think that your motives contributed to your outcome? How and why?
• How did you go about trying to change your behavior? Did you use any of the behavior learning strategies that are discussed in the lesson material such as classical or operant conditioning?
• How did you use these strategies? Did they work or not?
Emotions, Barriers, and Social Support
• What types of emotions did you feel when trying to change your behavior? How did you feel along the way and how were these emotions related to the amount of effort you invested in trying to change your behavior?
• What were some of the barriers that you encountered while trying the change the behavior? Did you expect these barriers when you started or did they surprise you along the way? What did you do to overcome these barriers?
• Did you enlist the help of family and friends in trying to change your behavior? Was this helpful or harmful?
• How do you feel about the outcome?
• What could you do differently in the future to be even more successful at changing your behavior?
• Identify what you learned from this experiment
The question belongs to Sociology and it is about changing the behavior of oneself by goal-setting, monitoring and motivating oneself. An example of overcoming anger behavior has been given in the solution. The constant set of practices that can be included and the kind of motivation and a practice to keep oneself under control have been discussed in the solution from first person point of view.
Total Word Count 1549
If you are here for the first time, you can request for a discount coupon, which can knock off upto 20% of the quoted price on any service.