Your task is to write a concise 1-2 page formal letter to a federal legislator. The purpose of your letter is to either
(a) support one of the 21 current pieces of nursing-related legislation listed in the following link (https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/subjects/nursing/6180)
(b) request the development/introduction of needed piece of legislation that has not yet been written (i.e. possibly related to your poster topic)
Use the following general guidelines as you compose the letter.
- Be courteous. Identify yourself as a nurse and as a constituent. Give your full address.
- Determine the "Ask” and boil it down to one simple statement. In other words, what are you asking for?
- Determine one reason the legislator should do what you ask and stick to that theme.
- Be informed about the issue and then write your own views/opinions from personal knowledge or experience. Most importantly, use the evidence! Make your reason memorable to the legislator. Explain why what you request will improve life for this legislator’s constituents. Use a good example from your practice.
- Focus on only one issue. Be brief, but offer a thorough explanation of your opinion.
The question belongs to Nursing and it discusses about writing a letter to a legislator requesting for the development of a piece of legislation that is needed.
Total Word Count 721Download Full Solution