The Fund provides advocacy and support services to victims of crime for the purpose of developing and enhancing existing programs that serve victims of crime. The State Board will also accept applications that provide new services or additional assistance for crime victims and witnesses, or for services that directly support a specific population of crime victims.
The following priorities have been identified by the State Board of Victim Services, though other initiatives are also permitted:
• Direct Services for Victims of Crime;
• Victim Advocates in Law Enforcement;
• Victim Advocates in State's Attorney's Offices;
• Enhanced services and support for Child Advocacy Centers; and
• Enhanced services to crime victims that aid and promote the distribution of mandated brochures and educate them on their rights according to state law. Grants supported by the Victims of Crime (VOC) Fund support at least one of the following purpose areas:
• Developing, expanding, or strengthening crime victim programs addressing Non-English speaking citizens; and
The question belongs to Law and it is about increasing property victimization or property crimes in society. Property crimes in contrast with personal crimes have received very less attention from both government and media but it can still have an adverse effect on the society. The need for victims program grant has been given in the solution.
Total Word Count 2593