Supply Chain Management
There are a number of inter-related strategies, which can be used to support and promote effective supply chain management.
a) Discuss the strategies available to support supply chain management, and explain the likely benefits, which you could expect from their implementation. Show how the strategies support each other, and give examples to support your answer.
b) Select one foundation strategy and what of the strategy, explaining why you have selected them and discuss in detail how you would go about the implementation your use examples to support your answers.
Answer to a)
Stock and Lambert (2001, pp.2-3) classified Supply Chain Management as the integration of key business processes from end user through original suppliers that provides products, services, and information that add value for customers and other stakeholders. After interviewed top supply chain management executives in 20 leading companies in the United States, Mentzer et al. (2001, 437-461) defined Supply Chain Management as the systemic, strategic coordination of the traditional business functions within a particular company and across businesses within the supply chain, for the purposes of improving and the long-term performance of the individual companies and the supply chain as a whole. Based on the definition, they reproduce the following Supply Chain Model as shown in Figure 2.1 below. Mentzer et. al. (2001, pp.431-461) suggested that, as indicated in the above figure, a Supply Chain encompasses all organizations and activities associated with the flow and transformation of goods from the raw materials stage, through to the end user, as well as the associated information flows, both up and down the supply chain. The ultimate objectives of a supply chain are indicated in the triangle in the right, which are customer satisfaction, value, profitability, and differential advantage. Thus the activities and strategies of an organisation should support the building of an effective supply chain. For example, even if marketing and sales could attain lots of orders but the supply chain were ineffective in providing the goods being ordered, the ultimate goal of the supply chain had not work out. This is especially crucial in e-commerce.
Supply Chain Model
Source: Mentzer, J.T. et al. (2001, p.439)
To be continued….For more information contact – Support@HelpwithAssignment.com
Marketing Assignment Experts Profile:
- Working as Manager of Marketing for the tourism promotion organization of Korea in London he also boasts of an MBA degree from one of the leading business schools of the UK. With extensive industry experience and having been a meritorious student himself he is well suited to write your marketing assignment essays.
- She is currently pursuing her Masters in marketing and has been associated with HelpWithAssignment for over five years now. Her comprehensive and lucid language along with step by step structuring of the essays has helped many students get a better understanding of questions in their marketing assignments.
HelpWithAssignment.com is the #1 Supply Chain Management Assignment Help Writing Service:
The prominent features of our Marketing Assignment help service include:
- Timely Delivery
- Phd level tutors
- Customised services for students
- 100% plagiarism free solutions
- 24/7 Service Guarantee
- Prices within budget
- Money back guarantee
- Several years of Experience in offering Assignment Help Writing Service
How does our assignment help service work?
Fill up the assignment help request form on the right or drop us an email at email@example.com. Feel free to contact our customer support on the company 24/7 Live chat or call us on 312-224-1615.Download