The ASEAN Vision 2020 as adopted by the ASEAN Leaders on the 30th Anniversary of ASEAN agrees on a shared vision of ASEAN as “a concert of Southeast Asian nations, outward looking, living in peace, stability and prosperity, bonded together in partnership in dynamic development and in a community of caring societies”. At the 9th ASEAN Summit in 2003, the ASEAN Leaders resolved to establish an “ASEAN Community” by 2020. At the 12th ASEAN Summit in January 2007, Member states agreed to accelerate the establishment of an ASEAN Community by 2015. The ASEAN Community is comprised of three pillars:
• ASEAN Political-Security Community
• ASEAN Economic Community
• ASEAN Socio-Cultural Community. (http://www.asean.org/asean/about-asean)
1. Choose a country of focus in ASEAN for your group
2. You need to focus on one of the following: political, legal, economic or socio-cultural factors
3. With reference to ASEAN’s goals in establishing the ASEAN Community by 2015 and according to the relevant ASEAN blueprint , identify aspects (political, legal, economic or socio-cultural) which are essential for the ASEAN Community to succeed, and identify how/how not your chosen country is contributing to establishing the ASEAN Community by 2015
You will need to provide relevant and referenced examples from appropriate sources of information as to how this country is or is not contributing to establishing the ASEAN Community by 2015.
The question belongs to Political Science and it is about ASEAN countries review with regards to political, legal, economic and socio-cultural factors. The country that has been chosen here is Cambodia. Cambodia has been one of the ASEAN member countries which has faced years of internal struggle. The country is emerging as a nation with lot of potential in various industries such as tourism, garment manufacture and others.
Total Word Count 944
If you are here for the first time, you can request for a discount coupon, which can knock off upto 20% of the quoted price on any service.