Imagine that you have been hired by a well-known marketing research firm. Your supervisor has asked you to use the expectancy disconfirmation model to evaluate a consumer’s post-hoc satisfaction level for a recent purchase of running shoes. For the practice purpose of this assignment, you can ask a consumer who is your friend, your colleague or a member of your family.
1. Identify three determinant attributes for this consumer (e.g. Comfort, style, durability).
2. Determine the consumer’s importance weights for each attribute, such that they total 100 percent. For example comfort=30%, style =10% and durability 16%.
3. On a 1 to 7 scale, ask the consumer to rate how s/he expected the brand to perform on each of these attributes, prior to purchase (for example, comfort=6, style = 4 and durability=6).
4. Also on a 1 to 7 scale, ask the consumer to rate his/her actual perceptions of how the shoe has performed on each of these attributes.
5. Plug the weights (w), expectations (e) and perceptions (p) into formula: S = ?w (p-e), where S is satisfaction level.
Does the outcome of the function suggest that this consumer is satisfied, delight or dissatisfied? Ask the consumer if s/he is satisfied to see if the model is consistent with consumer’s response.
The question belongs to Marketing and it is about expectancy disconfirmation. Expectancy disconfirmation is a model which believes the expectations bonded with perception or perceived performance, leads to post purchase satisfaction of the consumer. An example of a shoe manufacturer has been used in the solution. The solution has more details about the same.
Total Word Count 824
If you are here for the first time, you can request for a discount coupon, which can knock off upto 20% of the quoted price on any service.