An Evaluation of the Crossrail Project
“Major, complex infrastructure projects are notoriously difficult to deliver on time and in budget. With Crossrail we see a textbook example of how to get things right. Happily, this means Crossrail – a £15.8bn programme in total – is on course to deliver value for money to the taxpayer.” Richard Bacon MP, member of the UK Committee of Public Accounts,
Crossrail is a major underground rail project that is nearing completion in London. It will lead to benefit both for London, and for Derby, where the trains for Crossrail will be built.
Write a study of the Crossrail project. Explain how this major undertaking appears to have been delivered to deadline and on budget. You will find a large amount of information on the web, which is available for your discerning use.
Sections in your report may include:
- Overview of the Crossrail Project
- Political, financial, and economic drivers.
- Project timescale and milestones.
- Impact on Derby’s rail industry.
- Critical evaluation of the Crossrail project management.
- Conclusions, including possible applications for similar projects in other settings or regions.
Summary: This question is related to a case study on Evaluation of the Crossrail Project and discusses about how this major undertaking appears to have been delivered to deadline and on budget.
Total word count: 2242
Download Full Solution