You are a marketing executive at a grocery store chain and have been asked by your supervisor to evaluate the positioning of two of your major competitors, relative newcomer Amazon Grocery and ALDI's. Amazon Grocery has over 15,000 non-perishable items, half of which are focused on the organic and healthier food-related products market while ALDI's has been shaped as the highest quality food-related products at the lowest possible price. Please respond to the following questions:
1. Think about demographic and socio-cultural trends and changes and explain how each organization's interpretation of these trends and changes has affected its choice of strategy?
2. Is their strategy affected by the amount of advertising they do on television and the internet?
3. Which organization do you think is currently positioned better and why?
4. What strategy would you recommend for the organization you chose based on recent trends and changes?
5. How can these strategies improve that organization's image as a "corporate citizen" within the community?
The question belongs to Marketing and it is a report on evaluation of the positioning of two major, chain of grocery stores. One is Aldi’s and the other is Amazon Grocery. Both Aldi’s and Amazon’s Grocery have earned good name in the industry as supplier of high quality products at low prices. A report on the position of the two reveals the stronghold and shortcomings of both.
Total Word Count 337