You have been asked to be the project manager for the development of an information technology (IT) project. The system to be developed will allow a large company to coordinate and maintain records of the professional development of its employees. The company has over 30,000 employees who are located in four sites: Florida, Colorado, Illinois, and Texas. The system needs to allow employees to locate and schedule professional development activities that are relevant to their positions. Sophisticated search capabilities are required, and the ability to add scheduled events to the employees’ calendars is desired. The system needs to support social networking to allow employees to determine who is attending conferences and events. This will promote fostering relationships and ensure coverage of conferences that are considered of high importance.
Once an activity has been completed, employees will use the system to submit the documentation. The system should support notifications to management personnel whenever their direct reports have submitted documentation. The system should also notify employees if their deadline to complete professional-development requirements is approaching and is not yet satisfied:
The goal is to get this system up and running at the start of the next fiscal year.
For the given scenario, complete the following:
1. Working with each of the following (one Project Manager, one customer, others may be system architects/developers) to identify the system requirements and all risks. And, rate each risk.
2. Selects some of the highest risks. Explain why these are considered high risk, and explain their potential effect on the project.
3. Outline a risk mitigation strategy for the each of the selected high risks.
4. Summarize the challenges faced and how they were worked out.
5. Create a 10 slide PowerPoint presentation which covers questions 1 – 4.
The question belongs to Management and it is about IT project of office automation for a company with 30000 employees. The challenges in the project and their solutions have been explained in the Powerpoint presentation.
Total Word Count NA
If you are here for the first time, you can request for a discount coupon, which can knock off upto 20% of the quoted price on any service.