Nike SWOT and Company Analysis Report with referencing
Table of Contents
NIKE- COMPANY HISTORY AND PROFILE
Nike, Inc. is an American international company which is occupied in the manufacturing, development, design, and global marketing as well as sales of services, accessories, equipment, apparel as well as footwear. The corporation is headquartered near Beaverton, Oregon. This company is one of the global biggest suppliers of apparel and athletic shoes as well as a main producer of sports tools, with income in surplus of US$24.1 billion in 2012 (fiscal year). In year 2012 it has more than 44,000 workers across the world. In year 2014 the value of the brand alone was $19 billion, turning to the most precious brand in the business of the sports.
The corporation was established on January 25, 1964, as “Blue Ribbon Sports”, by Phil Knight and Bill Bowerman, and later it became “Nike, Inc. (May 30, 1971)”. The corporation takes its name from “Nike, the Greek goddess of victory”. Nike produces their products under their own brand and Nike Skateboarding, Foamposite, Air Max, Nike Dunk, Air Force 1, Nike Blazers, Air Jordan, Nike+, Nike Pro, Nike Golf, as well as subsidiaries involving Brand Jordan, Hurley International and Converse. In adding to producing equipment and sportswear, the corporation functions retail stores with the name of Niketown. The company also sponsors numerous high-status athletes as well as sports-teams across the globe, with the extremely identified trademarks of Swoosh logo and Just Do It logo. ("About Nike - Company Profile", 2017)
Nike Inc.’s management in the global sports shoes, apparel market and equipment exhibits the importance of its positive aspects in challenging against other big companies like Adidas. A SWOT study of Nike sketches how these positive points’ links with the organization’s threats, opportunities and weaknesses. Founded in “1964 as Blue Ribbon Sports”, The Company is currently one of the global main players in the “athletic footwear market”. A considerate of the organization’s weaknesses and strengths, and threats and weaknesses yields imminent on how a developed as well as retail industry can attain worldwide achievement despite rough opposition. The SWOT of Nike converses the “strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats” of the most important footwear brand – “Nike”. Nike is one of the top 3 troupes in the globe for sports shoes.
- Nike is the “world’s no. 1 shoemaker”. It plans and sells shoes for a range of sports involving football, tennis, volleyball, cheerleading, golf and baseball.
- Nike utilizes a ‘Make to Stock’ consumer order that offers a fast-service to clients from obtainable supply.
- Nike functions sportswear stores and Nike Town shoe, Nike Women shops and Nike factory outlets. Nike sells its products all through US as well as in approx. 180 nations.
- Nike is tough at R&D, as is confirmation by its innovative and evolving product variety. They then produce anywhere they can manufacture elevated superiority creation at the lowest probable cost. ("NIKE Inc: Company Profile - Bloomberg", 2017)
- Nike is a worldwide product. It is the figure “one sports brand” in the earth. Its well-known ‘Swoosh’ is instantaneously identifiable, as well as Phil Knight (CEO and Founder).
- The profits of the commerce are still greatly based upon its distribution of the foot-wear marketplace. This might depart it helpless if for any cause its market-share corrodes.
- The trade section is quite cost receptive. Though, mostly of its profits is resultant from trading into retailers. All the retailers inclined to provide a very alike knowledge to the client. Hence margins inclined to find compressed as retailers attempt to go by few of the low-price opposition force on Nike. (Paine, 2014)
- Creation growth provides Nike many chances. The product is violently protected by its holders whom truthfully consider that “Nike is not a fashion brand” though clients which dress in Nike creation don’t always procure it to contribute in activity. In youth civilization mainly, “Nike is considered as a fashion brand”. This generates its own chance.
- There is also the chance to expand products like jewellery, sunglasses and sport wear. This kind of high cost products do inclined to include linked with them.
- The commerce may also be formed globally, forming upon its tough universal brand identification. There are also worldwide advertising actions which may be used to sustain the trademark like The Olympics and the World Cup (soccer). (RIGBY, 2014)
- Nike is showing to the global environment of employment. It obtains and sells in dissimilar moneys as well as so margins and costs are not steady over long-periods of instance. Like an introduction may signify that Nike might be developed or/and advertising at a failure. This is a subject that experiences all worldwide brands.
- The marketplace for garments and sports shoes is very spirited. Participants are forming substitute make to take away Nike’s marketplace share. (RIGBY, 2014)
About Nike - Company Profile. (2017). About.nike.com. Retrieved 23 January 2017, from http://about.nike.com/pages/company-profile
NIKE Inc: Company Profile - Bloomberg. (2017). Bloomberg. Retrieved 23 January 2017, from https://www.bloomberg.com/profiles/companies/NKE:US-nike-inc
Paine, L. (2014). Sustainability in the Boardroom. Harvard Business Review, [online] 92(7/8), pp.86-94. Available at: http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&AuthType=cookie,ip&db=buh&AN=96698910&site=ehost-live.
RIGBY, D. (2014). digital-physical mashups. Harvard Business Review, [online] 92(9), pp.84-92. Available at: http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&AuthType=cookie,ip&db=buh&AN=97509528&site=ehost-live.
Marketing Assignment Experts Profile:
- Working as Manager of Marketing for the tourism promotion organization of Korea in London he also boasts of an MBA degree from one of the leading business schools of the UK. With extensive industry experience and having been a meritorious student himself he is well suited to write your marketing assignment essays.
- She is currently pursuing her Masters in marketing and has been associated with HelpWithAssignment for over five years now. Her comprehensive and lucid language along with step by step structuring of the essays has helped many students get a better understanding of questions in their marketing assignments.
HelpWithAssignment.com is the #1 Marketing Assignment Help Writing Service:
The prominent features of our Marketing Assignment help service include:
- Timely Delivery
- Phd level tutors
- Customised services for students
- 100% plagiarism free solutions
- 24/7 Service Guarantee
- Prices within budget
- Money back guarantee
- Several years of Experience in offering Assignment Help Writing Service
How does our assignment help service work?
Fill up the assignment help request form on the right or drop us an email at email@example.com. Feel free to contact our customer support on the company 24/7 Live chat or call us on 312-224-1615.