1. The New York State Lottery advertises that, for its instant lottery games, there is a 4 in 21
chance of winning. If you buy only one instant lottery card, what is the chance you will win?
d. It is not possible to determine the expected relative frequency probability from the
2. Pascal tosses a penny 10 times and finds that 2 of those times the penny comes up heads
and 8 of those times, the penny comes up tails. What should Pascal conclude?
a. That the penny is an unfair penny
b. That the expected relative frequency probability of getting heads when tossing a penny
- That it is more probable to get tails than it is to get heads when tossing a penny
d. That in the longterm, the expected relative frequency would be 5/10. Because she has
only tossed the penny 10 times, a different pattern has emerged.
3. Jack and Hugo each bought a lottery ticket. Hugo's ticket is 4, 8, 15, 16, 23, and 42, and
Jack's ticket is 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6. Who is more likely to win the lottery?
- Neither; both are equally likely to win
d. Neither has any chance of winning.
4. The 110th Congress of the United States had 84 male Senators and 16 female Senators. If
one Senator is randomly selected, what is the probability that it will be a female Senator?
5. On this semester
Drop an email to email@example.com and get instant access to the solution.