International Business Ethics
Your firm has been investigating the possibility of locating facilities in an East Asian country such as Thailand, Malaysia, Taiwan, or Singapore. You have been asked by the chief
executive officer (CEO) to research what has been happening in these countries in terms of environmental legislation and laws regarding wages and hours. He has asked you to prepare a report that addresses the following information:
- Describe the level of environmental regulation in any 2 of these countries.
- Describe the 2 selected countries' versions of wage and working-hour legislation.
- Use the Library and other Internet resources to find the legislation for the specific countries.
- Select 2 of the 4 East Asian countries to analyze for this assignment. Use the Library and other Internet resources to answer the following questions for each selected country:
- What is the country's environmental regulation level?
- What kind of legislation has been passed in the country regarding working hours and wages?
- Do you think the country's environmental regulation is sufficient? Explain.
- Do you feel that the country's hour and wage legislation is ethical? Explain.
The assignment relates to international business ethics. A company wants to relocate to few promising Asian countries such as Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia and Taiwan. The level of environmental regulations and other regulations have to be investigated in order to determine an ideal location for the business. Various questions relating to this have been discussed in the solution.
Total Word count is 566.Download Full Solution