- Where Fascism/Nazism and Communism really more similar or different? What were the key differences and similarities in ideology and practice?
- Was communism necessary for fascism?
- In contemporary politics, “Munich’’ is often used as a historical analogy to attack a policy as appeasement and therefore bad. What were appeasement’s goals? Why was this policy of “peace in our time’’ so popular in the Western Democracies? What were other “lessons” of Munich?
- What was the significance of the presence and absence of the Soviet Union and the United State from interwar Europe?
- Why did democracy and capitalism fail in most of Europe during the inter-war period? Why did communism and fascism seem like much better alternatives in some countries?
This question belongs to history and discusses about the ideology and practice of fascism and communism.
Word count: 795
Download Full Solution