Design and implement a MATLAB program to determine the heart rate of an ECG recording of unknown properties.
Today, thousands of lives will be saved thanks to a machine’s ability to monitor heart activity of critically-ill patients in hospitals around the world. The heart’s electrical activity can be monitored from the body’s surface using an electrocardiogram (ECG), one of the most ubiquitous tools in modern medicine. An example ECG is shown below in Figure 1, which by now should be familiar to you. The repeating pattern of the ECG is depicted by three repeating features which together correspond to a single contraction of the heart. These are the P-wave, the QRS-wave, and the T-wave. Each wave corresponds to specific electrical activity within the heart. The coordinated timing of these three distinct features ensures that the heart maintains healthy rhythmicity to adequately supply the body with oxygen.
Write a MATLAB program to analyze a patient’s ECG signal and provide warnings if the heart rate becomes either dangerously low or dangerously high.
To do this, your code must satisfy these requirements:
1) Upload a provided ECG recording into MATLAB
2) Condition the raw input signal by removing any DC offset
3) Determine the heart rate of the recording
4) Report a warning to the console if the heart rate becomes dangerously high or dangerously low (greater than 125 bpm or less than 40 bpm)
5) Plot the ECG with QRS markers
6) Include at least one user-defined function
This question belongs to MATLAB software and discusses about to write a MATLAB program to analyze a patient’s ECG signal and provide warnings if the heart rate becomes either dangerously low or dangerously high.
Download Full Solution