Accounting questions – Depreciation – SAMPLE SOLUTION
Explain why depreciation is still being charged for the machines even though they are now being measured under the revaluation model.
Depreciation means expiration of the cost of the fixed assets concerned during the period for which accounts are being prepared in other words it means the cost of the fixed assets used up during the period. This must be treated as cost or expense and debited to the profit & loss Account otherwise the profit will not be assessed correctly.
Under revaluation model also depreciation is charged so as to ascertain the true cost of production .It is necessary to charge depreciation as an item of cost for the correct income measurement. Further depreciation is the apportionment of cost over the useful period of asset.
Due to matching concept the amount of depreciation is debited to profit & loss account over the useful life only on the basis of economic benefit derived from such part of asset. Under revaluation model the value of assets are revalued according to fair market value of the assets. The valuers value it on the basis of the realizable value of the particular asset, the minimum value which can be realized from selling the assets. But under this method also depreciation is charged so as to show the true and fair view of both income statement and balance sheet.
Accounting Assignment Experts Profile:
- CPA by profession, our accounting assignment help expert is a working professional at Lannick Group, Ontario, Canada. He possesses in-depth knowledge of the accounting principles and holds a reputation for delivering accurate and timely accounting help solutions.
- Masters from the University of Chicago, she joined HelpWithAssignment as an accounting assignment tutor, four years ago. Since then she has helped many students in their accounting assignments and cost accounting solutions to get A and A+ grades.
HelpWithAssignment.com is the #1 Accounting Assignment Help Writing Service:
The prominent features of our Accounting Assignment help service include:
- Timely Delivery
- Phd level tutors
- Customised services for students
- 100% plagiarism free solutions
- 24/7 Service Guarantee
- Prices within budget
- Money back guarantee
- Several years of Experience in offering Assignment Help Writing Service
How does our assignment help service work?
Fill up the assignment help request form on the right or drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Feel free to contact our customer support on the company 24/7 Live chat or call us on 312-224-1615.