A. Design a preliminary homepage called "cssprelimI.htm". It should be similar in layout to the example below, but you may use your own content.
1) Have a banner across the top using header tags that give the title of your web site.
2) Use an unordered list of links that connect to some practice sub pages. You will use float to position the list on the left. Create an empty page to test the links.
3) Next to the menu you should have a number of paragraphs about your web site. It should be long enough to flow completely around the graphic. The text should be placed below the menu list in your file, so that it will appear along side in the output.
4) On the right side of the page you should have a picture that has something to do with your topic. Use float to keep the picture on the right. The img tag for the picture should be placed after the first paragraph of the text so that the text will flow around it. You may have to move the location of the img tag up or down, depending on the size of your graphic.
Use the following parameters in your img tag: style= "float:right; margin-left: 10px;"
A copy of the whirlpoolgalaxy.jpg graphic is located in the downloads section if you wish to use it.
5) Use the following styles section in your file:
You may modify the above styles as well as adding new styles for things like the page background color, bullet types, etc.
B. Create and test an XHTML document that has six short paragraphs of text that describe various aspects of the state in which you live (California). You must define 3 different paragraph styles, p1,p2, and p3. The p1 style must use left and right margins of 20 pixels, a background color of pink, and foreground color of blue. The p2 style must use left and right margins of 30 pixels, a background color of black, and a foreground color of yellow. The p3 style must use a text indent of 1 centimeter, a background color of green, and a foreground color of white. The first and fourth paragraph must use p1, the second and fifth must use p2, and the third and sixth must use p3.
C. Create and test an XHTML document that describes nested ordered lists of cars. The outer list must have three entries: compact, midsize, and sports. Inside each of these three lists there must be two sub-lists of body styles. The compact and midsize car sub-lists are two door and four door; the sports car sub-lists are coupe and convertible. Each body-style sub-list must have at least three entries, each of which is the make and model of a particular car that fits the category. The outer list must use uppercase Roman numerals, the middle lists must use uppercase letters, and the inner lists must use Arabic numerals. The background color for the compact car list must be pink; for the midsize car list, it must be blue; or the sports car list, it must be red. All of the styles must be in a document style sheet.
D. Rewrite the document of Exercise C to put all style-sheet information in an external style sheet. Validate your external style sheet with the W3C CSS validation service.
Student, in this chapter, you should have 4 files to turn in.
The question in computer science is about preparing a website named Whirlpool Galaxy. The aim is to prepare various webpages with given criteria for each webpage. Each of those webpages have been prepared and attached to the solution.
If you are here for the first time, you can request for a discount coupon, which can knock off upto 20% of the quoted price on any service.