Case Study: Cypress Semiconductor: A Federation of Enterprises, Stanford Graduate School of Business. Case: OB84, Date: 04/06/12.
Answer the following questions about the case study.
Read the material carefully and ask yourself these questions:
· What are the main presenting issues?
· What the firm is doing right? What it is doing wrong according to you?
· Why have these arisen?
· What would happen if nothing were done?
· What hard evidence (data – ratio analysis, financial data, marketing data etc.) is there that the situation needs action?
Analyze the situation/issues clearly and ask yourself the following questions:
· What is the background to the case study?
· What (The Internet) research could I use to understand the issues?
· What solutions are desirable / possible?
· What solutions are suggested / supported by research?
· What are the legal and ethical considerations?
· What would be my role?
Use the SWOT (SO-WO-ST-WT) provided to record your ideas/analysis.
How to write the case study Report
An effective case study report should
· Clearly identify the core HR problem(s)
· Analyze the HR issues underlying the problem
· Discuss and justify alternative solutions using theory / experience
· Present feasible recommendations from HR perspective considering HR as a line function
· Presented quotes, fact and figures with proper references
Employee is the strength of any company and is considered as one of the biggest assets of the organisation. It is very important that committed and loyal employees are recruited that can contribute to the growth of the company. Development of comprehensive and competitive recruitment policy is very important in accomplishing the goals of the company. In the present case Cypress Semiconductors various aspects related to recruitment, hiring and performance management have been highlighted.
Total Word Count 3375Download Full Solution
If you are here for the first time, you can request for a discount coupon, which can knock off upto 20% of the quoted price on any service.