For answering this question please refer to the journal article “Impact of physical activity and bodyweight on health-related quality of life in people with type 2 diabetes” by Katharina Eckert. Dove Press Journal: Diabetes, Metabolic Syndrome and Obesity: Targets and Therapy 2012.
From Table 3, how much variability in Phyfu does BMI account for?
Based on Table 4, age, sex, and BMI together account for 8% of the variability in Vitality. If the R squared in 8%, what would the correlation coefficient(r) be for the analysis?
Based on Table 4, which variable accounted for the most variability in PCS?
- Age and sex
- None were related
From Table 4, which of the following is a y variable?
From Table 3, the r for BMI and WI was -0.090 and was not statistically significant. What does this mean?
- Those with a high BMI tended to have high Wi score
- Those with a high BMI tended to have a high Wi score
- BMI and WI were not related
If given that the median for age was 50 years with a mean of 63.2 years, what was this distribution look like?
- A platykurtic curve
- A normally distributed curve
- A leptokurtic curve
- A positively skewed curve
In this study, 370 people had quality of life and physical activity levels measured. These 370 people were what?
- A sample
- A randomly selected and representative sample
- A population
- A random population
Based on the data in the Results section, how likely is it that a person would have been diabetic for 45 years?
- Very likely since this number is well within plus or minus 1 SD of the mean
- Unlikely since this number is well outside of plus or minus 3 SD of the mean
- Unlikely since this number is well outside plus or minus 3 SD of the mean
Form Table 3, which variable ( BMI, PA, WI, or DD) is the strongest positive relationship with Phyfu? [See the Table footnote for the definition of abbreviations]
From Table 4, how much variability does BMI account for in PCS above what age and sex account for?
The question belongs to Statistics and it discusses about referring to journal article “Impact of physical activity and bodyweight on health-related quality of life in people with type 2 diabetes” and answering the question.
Total Word Count NA
Download Full Solution