a)The free-energy temperature diagram shown below, determine:
- The melting temperature
- The temperature of allotropic transformation.
- Explain the negative slopes and negative curvatures. why?
b)Based on the part of a phase diagram below:
- List the phases in the order of increasing density.
- Sketch the Gibbs free energies of all phases as function of temperature at pressure (P1)
- Sketch the Gibbs free energies of all phases as function of pressure at temperature (T1)
Note: both slopes of curvatures of the lines should be apparent from your plots.
This question belongs to chemistry and discusses about the free-energy temperature diagram and to determine temperature of allotropic transformation and melting temperature.
Total word count: Image
Download Full Solution