The dependent variable is going to be GAP Sales. Use quarterly sales data starting in January 1991 and continuing through July 2012. The independent variables that are expected to be used are:
1) A measure of the unemployment rate (%)
2) A measure of income (in dollars if per capita income),
3) Dummy variables for seasonality,
4) The University of Michigan Index of Consumer Sentiment.
5) US Retail Sales: Family clothing stores:
Submit the data as an Excel file that has just one sheet. This sheet should have either the dates or observation units in column A, the dependent variable in column B and independent variables (including dummy variables) in columns C, D, etc. Only variables used in your final regression model should be included.
Note: Please refer to the Excel sheet named Data for the information.
The question belongs to Statistics and it is about the analysis for sales by using quarterly data from Jan 91 to July 2012. Variables such as unemployment, increase in income, consumer sentiment, etc have been used.
Total Word Count 446