CDR Writing For Electrical Engineers Australia
Australian economy is growing exponentially with spectacular economic boom in Electrical, Computer and Telecommunication sectors. Electrical Engineers with relevant experience are in greater demand in Australia. Australian Government has opened skilled migration visas for Electrical Engineers to reduce the serious shortages of Electrical engineers, and to overcome the delay in projects.
Electrical Engineers are in great demand in Australia in the following sectors; electric power equipment manufacture and installation, power supply companies, telecommunication sector, etc. The minimum entry requirement for this occupation is a bachelor degree or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification.
Competency Demonstration Report (CDR) plays an important role for Engineers to qualify for skilled migration visa to Australia. Mostly engineers find this task quite complex and don’t have enough knowledge about Competency Demonstration Report (CDR) writing. Lack of information leads to poorly written report which might reduce your chances of getting Australian Skilled Migration. Here are some tips which can help in creating a successful CDR.
At HelpWithAssignment we provide you with the most comprehensive and thorough help and guidance in writing professional and impressive CDRs that are sure to improve your chances of getting migration permission into Australia as an Electrical Engineer.
Immigration to Australia for Electrical Engineers
Electrical Engineers from India, China, Iran, Pakistan, Iraq, Bangladesh, Brazil and other countries are required to prepare Competency Demonstration Report (CDR) before applying for Skilled Migration for Australia. Engineers Australia is the designated authority to assess professional and Para-professional qualifications in engineering for the purposes of skilled migration to Australia for most engineering occupations.
Every year thousands of electrical engineer plan to apply for migrations Australia. But many applications get rejected as they don’t fulfill the requirement. Here is complete Australia migration guide to assist you in this procedure. You need to get enough information about application procedure, assessment process, visa requirements and sample of Engineering Competency Demonstration Report (CDR).
Sample CDR for Skilled Migration of Electrical Engineer to Australia: (ANZSCO Code for Electrical Engineer: 233311)
The fundamentals of writing an impressive and professional CDR include:
- Having a clear understanding of report purpose
- Provision of all necessary information for the reader as mentioned in the EA guidelines
- Writing in language and style that is approved by Australian Standards
Required Job Description for Electrical Engineers in Australia:
- Plan and design the manufacture and installation of electric power equipment and facilities
- Determine the type and arrangement of circuits, transformers, circuit-breakers, transmission lines and other equipment
- Develop products such as electric motors, components, equipment and appliances
- Interpret specifications, drawings, standards and regulations relating to electric power equipment and use
- Organize and manage resources used in the supply of electrical components, machines, appliances and equipment
- Establish delivery and installation schedules for machines, switch gear, cables and fittings
- Supervise the operation and maintenance of power stations, transmission and distribution systems and industrial plants
- If required, specialize in research in areas such as power generation and transmission systems, transformers, switch gear and electric motors, telemetry and control system
Recognizing Electrical Engineering Qualification in Australia
To recognize Electrical Engineering qualification in Australia, you need to assess your qualification/ degree through Engineers Australia. There are two pathways to assess your qualifications. If your Engineering Qualification is recognized by Washington Accord, Dublin Accord or Sydney Accord, then you need not to prepare Competency Demonstration Report (CDR). In other case you need to write Competency Demonstration Report (CDR) to assess your Electrical Engineering degree and finally to apply for Skilled Migration of Australia.
English Proficiency Test
Minimum English requirement for your Engineering Degree Assessment through Engineers Australia is overall 6.0 band in IELTS or any equivalent English proficiency test (e.g. Cambridge/ TOFEL, etc.). Your band should not be less than 6.0 in any of the four modules; reading, writing, speaking, and listening. Both General Training and Academic version of the IELTS are acceptable. Applicants who are native English speakers or who have completed an Australian undergraduate engineering qualification, or who have completed a Masters Degree or PhD program at an Australian university may be exempted from IELTS.
Documents Required for Degree Assessment from Engineers Australia
Students will be required to submit their application along with all of the below mentioned documents plus the assessment fee for initiating the process of assess your engineering degree through Competency Demonstration Report (CDR) pathway:
- Application Form available at Engineers Australia website
- Declarations Page
- Three Career Episodes (CEs)
- Latest Updated CV/ Resume
- Continual Professional Development (CPD) Report
- Summary Statement (SS)
- IELTS Result
- Certified Academic Transcripts and Experience Letters
Application for Skilled Migration Visa as an Electrical Engineer
Once you have received your positive skill assessment from Engineers Australia, it means that your qualification is recognized in Australia and you are eligible to work as an Electrical Engineer in Australia. After getting the positive skill assessment you can apply for your Skilled Migration Visa (Visa Class; 189 or 190 or 489). You are welcome to Australia along with your family after the approval of your visa application. Presently you can apply for your visa through EOI system on Australian Immigration and Border Protection website.
Common Mistakes to Avoid while writing CDR for Electrical Engineers
In order to make your CDR for Electrical Engineer in Australia more impressive and improve your chances of getting immigration permission in Australia you need to carefully avoid the following common mistakes that are made by many students:
- Adding extra details which are not required by Engineers Australia. Try and avoid including any additional details that are not relevant to your application as electrical engineer such as irrelevant personal information that are not mentioned in the Engineers Australia guidelines
- Writing about market size and position of your company. It is very often possible that the information may not be accurate and this can create a wrong impression about your application with the panel members at Engineers Australia and Immigration Department
- Giving unsubstantiated examples of your knowledge or skills. Always avoid mentioning any skills or knowledge that you cannot substantiate with valid proof or reference from your professors or other persons of significance. This may send out the wrong idea to the people at the Immigration Department
- Focusing on what your previous employer or team has achieved instead of focusing on your role in the achievement.
- Mentioning lengthy and irrelevant history of all your previous organizations
Instead of committing the above mentioned common mistakes, you can increase your chances of getting Australian Skilled Migration by:
- Having a clear understanding of the purpose of the report
- Highlighting the roles played by you in the projects you have been a part of
- Proof of your skills and knowledge based on results and references
- Providing only those details that are mentioned in the Engineers Australia guidelines
- Details related to your core competencies
Remember to always write your report in Australian English. The Engineers Australian “dialect” for writing career episode reports is a prescriptive writing style. It has the following characteristics:
- Writing style is personal with “I” as a must word.
- Write in active voice. Like I planned, I calculated, I measured, I obtained feedback, I researched
- Must be clear and simple
- Avoid unsubstantial claims. Write on facts and details.
- Only include engineering competencies and experience.
- Don’t provide excessive calculations or heavy pictures
Want to know how to proceed?
Fill up the assignment help request form on the right or drop us a mail at email@example.com. Feel free to contact our customer support on the company 24/7 Live Chat or call us on 312-224-1615.
HelpWithAssignment provides timely help at affordable charges with detailed answers to your assignments, homework, research dissertation writing, research critique, case studies or term papers so that you get to understand your assignments better apart from having the answers. The team has helped a number of students pursuing education through regular and online universities, institutes or online Programs.